Redirect WordPress Pages and Posts (Fast + Easy Method)
// WordPress Tutorial
In today’s video, you will learn how to redirect WordPress pages using the Redirection plugin.
This question came from Cristy in our WordPress Facebook group: How do I redirect visitors from my old WordPress page to my new one?
Cristy wanted to know how to redirect traffic from her waitlist page once her sales page is ready.
I created the following video to show you an easy way to redirect your WordPress pages and posts:
Why should I create a 301 redirect?
There are a couple reasons why you may want to create a 301 redirect:
1. You are creating a brand new page to replace an old one.
2. You are changing the permalink of your WordPress page.
What is the easiest way to redirect a WordPress page or post?
You can use the Redirection plugin to setup a redirect for your WordPress page in under 4 minutes.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. Scroll down to PLUGINS > ADD NEW.
- Type REDIRECTION into the search box.
- Find the Redirection plugin in the list of plugins. Click INSTALL and ACTIVATE.
- To begin using the Redirection plugin, click on SETTINGS below the plugin name.
- Copy and paste the SOURCE URL. This is the WordPress page or post that you are redirecting traffic from.
- Copy and paste your TARGET URL. This is the WordPress page or post that you are redirecting traffic to.
- Click CHECK REDIRECT to confirm that your redirect is working.
Today you learned an easy way to redirect WordPress pages or post using the Redirection plugin.
Do you have a question about WordPress?
Leave your comment below.
Have an amazing day!